Donnerstag, 18. September 2008

IKI IKI ladies in concert


Last year i was blogging about my meeting with the legendary IKI IKI ladies, a choir of 40 elder women living in the village near Akiyoshidai. This group of vital women (the oldest being 96 years old) meets up once a month to sing Japanese songs. I have had the honor to be adopted as their grandchild and soulmate in singing. This time we were visiting together a hospital for very old people. This visit was connected with the national holiday for respecting the elderly. IKI IKI ladies had prepared a beautiful singing program which they performed all dressed in soft pink shirts. The last song was about TANUKI (refers to the famous japanese raccoon dog) called SHOO-JOO-JI. This was my moment to sing it first as a solo since TANUKI played a special role in my performance last year. This is a song which everybody knows and all the elderly and IKI IKIs were joining me. i felt old and young in the same time.
IKI IKI ladies will live long.
IKINAGA =longlivety

1 Kommentare:

Blogger Eleanor Vatsa meinte...

This morning I was thinking I should check this blog as there would probably already be some Japan stories. But before I did it I checked my e-mail and there was a notice that this blog is active again.

Would be wonderful to hear the IKI IKI ladies sing.

19. September 2008 um 23:35  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post [Atom]

<< Startseite